How can you decide if you should repair or replace your furnace? The first thing to do is determine the age of your furnace. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, and needs a considerable repair, or if it is having performance issues, you should consider replacing it.
Here are some signs that may warrant considering replacing your current furnace:
- If your furnace needs frequent repairs.
- If you are spending more for your gas bills, yet you have not changed the way you are using your furnace.
- If you have problems with areas that are hotter or colder than other areas in your home.
- If you notice your furnace cycling on and off frequently.
- If you are hearing rattles or other loud noises from your furnace.
- If you notice rust or corrosion in or around your furnace.
If you are noticing any of the above, or if your furnace just seems like it can’t keep up with the demand for heat, you should first call westin air heating and cooling at 614-794-1259 to have your furnace checked out. It could be that a small repair is all it needs. Always be sure to keep a clean filter in place on your furnace, as dirty filters which result in reduced air flow, can cause many different issues with both the heating and cooling cycles of your equipment.